Photography & Digital Capture
Artbot specializes in clean even lighting, high resolution capture and custom profiling to create the most natural and color correct renditions of your artwork. We can accommodate small work up to 40 x 60in. in our studio, or larger work up to 12ft and beyond in your work space if room allows. Our shoots are setup so that you get the most from them, whether you need images for submissions or something larger, you get the files you need to meet your goals. All shots include a 8bit TIFF and JPEG Master file. Additionally we provide smaller 1000px JPEG images for easy use with website and email. Custom sized files specific to your needs or submission requirements can be made as well.
How the Shoot Works
Every shoot requires a session fee, this covers lighting setup either at our studio or yours, plus travel (in San Francisco), shooting, and basic editing time to complete the shoot.
Reduced session fees are available for groups of 2-3 artists with similar type artwork, ie: 2D work and 3D/Installs utilize different lighting setups and should be done separately.
Artwork is billed per shot and can be output at different file sizes to meet your budget. See below for different size options and their uses. This covers flat artwork that do not need to be shot in sections, most gallery install type images and some 3D type work.
- 12mp (30mb TIFF): Books, Submissions & Web; Excellent for Small to Medium Artworks
- 21mp (60mb TIFF): Above + Printing, Higher Detail Crops, Documentation; Medium to Large Artwork
- 36mp (100mb TIFF): Above + Larger Printing, Higher Detail Crops, Documentation; Large Artwork
These cover artwork whose very large size or detail needs require the work to be shot in sections for best capture, or sculptural work that needs to be in-focus from front to back. Large scale architectural type shots and any HDR/Multi-Image type shots fall in this category as well.
- Artwork Stitch-Shot (150mb+, 100mb, 60mb): Above + Large Prints, Maximum Detail, Documentation; Best for Large to Very Large Artwork. Learn More
- Artwork Stack-Shot (100mb, 60mb, 30mb): For Sculptural work that needs greater depth of focus from front to back.
- Architectural Stitch-Shot (150mb+, 100mb, 60mb): Used to capture installed artwork or gallery spaces that require either higher detail or field of view than in is possible in a single shot.
Files are captured RAW with reproduction grade colorchart, plus special lighting files so that we start with the most pure image for editing. Artwork shoots include custom profiling and standard editing which is outlined below. If you need more advanced editing we can do that too and is billed under Advanced Editing.
After editing proof images are uploaded online for preview. These give you a basic preview of the processed images beyond what you see in the shoot.
Once proofs are approved we can schedule a pickup or delivery method that works best for you.
- Crop to White or Black
- White Balance Correction
- Color Chart Adjustments
- Lens Correction
- Perspective Adjustment
- Master Photoshop File & 8-bit TIFF Output
- JPEG Digital Slide File (sized for digital slide output)
- Nail-Hole Removal & Clean-up (for Install type shots that have a background/wall)
- Compositing (combining 2 or more images into one image)
- Large-Scale Lighting Adjustments (for very big artwork)
- Anything Else Not Covered in Standard Edits
|Our Studio = $90|
|Your Studio = $130|
|12mp Shot (30mb TIFF) = $20|
|21mp Shot (60mb TIFF) = $25|
|36mp Shot (100mb TIFF) = $35||Specialty Shots|
|Artwork Stitch-Shot (150mb+, 100mb, 60mb) = $70 / $50 / $40||Artwork Stack-Shot (100mb, 60mb, 30mb) = $70 / $50 / $40||Architectural Stitch-Shot = $120 / $70 / $50|
|Per Hour = $60 (billed in 15min. increments)|
|San Francisco = None|
|Bay Area = $20|
|Rush Job Fee|
|48hr Turnaround = $60|
|Client Pickup = Free|
|CD/DVDs in Mail = $5|
|Drop-Off = Free in San Francisco, $15 Bay Area|
|Online Downloads = Free|